Jason Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jason:
The English cognate of the Latin and Greek Iāson (healer), a name derived from iasthai (to heal). Popularly bestowed in the U.S., the name Jason is borne in Greek Myth by a prince who led the Argo-nauts. Var: Jayson.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jason? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jason
- Swiss Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Switzerland (Italian)
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Ireland, 2010
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in the Republic of Ireland for 2012
- Dutch Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in The Netherlands
- Swiss Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Switzerland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jason
- Comments and insights on the name Jason
- Personal experiences with the name Jason
- Nicknames for Jason
Jay, JJ, Jaz, Jack, Sonny
- Meanings and history of the name Jason
He that cures.
He that cures.
- Famous real-life people named Jason
Jason Isaacs, British actor (Harry Potter, Star Trek, The OA)
Jason Aldean, American country singer
Jason Alexander, American actor
Jason Bateman, American actor
Jason Dohring, American actor
Jason Momoa, American actor
Jason Mraz, Amerian singer
Jason O'Mara, Irish actor
Jason Segel, American actor
Jason Earles American actor
Jason Duggar, reality TV show "19 Kids & Counting"
Jason Griffith, Voice actor for Sonic The Hedgehog
Jason Mewes, American Actor
Jason Biggs, American Actor
Jason Anthony Maggott, South African Model
Jason Wade, American singer
Jason Morgan Ritter, American actor and son of the late American actor John Ritter
Jason Robards, American actor
Jason Sudeikis, (born Daniel Jason Sudeikis)American actor and comedian
- Jason in song, story & screen
Jason was used in the song "Pet Cheetah" by Twenty one pilots.
Jason, hero in Greek mythology, who with his Argonauts went on the quest for the Golden Fleece