Izaac Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Isaac:
The Ecclesiastic Greek form of the Hebrew Yitzchak (he will laugh), which is derived from yitshāq (laughter). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the three patriarchs, the son of Abraham and Sarah and progenitor of the Hebrews. Var: Isaak.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Izaac? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Izaac
Contribute your knowledge to the name Izaac
- Comments and insights on the name Izaac
- Personal experiences with the name Izaac
- Nicknames for Izaac
- Meanings and history of the name Izaac
- Famous real-life people named Izaac
- Izaac in song, story & screen