Issac Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Isaac:
The Ecclesiastic Greek form of the Hebrew Yitzchak (he will laugh), which is derived from yitshāq (laughter). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the three patriarchs, the son of Abraham and Sarah and progenitor of the Hebrews. Var: Isaak.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Issac? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Issac
Contribute your knowledge to the name Issac
- Comments and insights on the name Issac
- Personal experiences with the name Issac
- Nicknames for Issac
- Meanings and history of the name Issac
- Famous real-life people named Issac
- Issac in song, story & screen
The Biblical Issac who was the son of Abraham and the father of Jacob and Esau.