Isai Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Isai:
Derived from the Hebrew yĕsha 'yah (Yahweh is salvation). The name was borne by an 8th-century B.C. prophet considered to be the greatest of the three major prophets. His prophecies are recorded in the Old Testament book of Isaiah.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Isai? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Isai
Contribute your knowledge to the name Isai
- Comments and insights on the name Isai
- Personal experiences with the name Isai
- Nicknames for Isai
- Meanings and history of the name Isai
- Famous real-life people named Isai
- Isai in song, story & screen