Gonzalo Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gonzalo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gonzalo
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain 2014
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain, 2010
- Chilean Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Chile 2010
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain 2012
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gonzalo
- Comments and insights on the name Gonzalo
- Personal experiences with the name Gonzalo
- Nicknames for Gonzalo
Chalo, Gonza, Gonzo
- Meanings and history of the name Gonzalo
Undetermined. May be from the Visigothic name Gundisalv meaning "battle genius" or "war elf."
- Famous real-life people named Gonzalo
Gonzalo Pizarro (1502-1548), Spanish explorer and conquistador
Gonzalo Jiménez de Quesada, Spanish explorer and conquistador
St. Gonzalo Garcia, patron of Bombay, India. Martyred as a missionary in Japan. He was the child of an Indian mother and a Portuguese father, and is the only Catholic martyr from India.
Dr. Gonzalo Gonzalez-Stawinski (The Cleveland Clinic), consultant on Three Rivers Show
Uruguayan football midfielder who plays for Rosario Central in Argentina.
Gonzalo of Spain, late uncle of King Juan Carlos
- Gonzalo in song, story & screen
Gonzalo, a fictional courtier in Shakespeare's play The Tempest
"President Gonzalo", the nom de guerre of Abimael Guzmán, leader of Shining Path
Charactor in Spanish Soaps