Gjergj Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name George:
Derived from the Greek geōrgos (earthworker, farmer), which is composed from the elements gē (earth) and ergein (to work).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Gjergj
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gjergj
- Comments and insights on the name Gjergj
- Personal experiences with the name Gjergj
- Nicknames for Gjergj
- Meanings and history of the name Gjergj
traditional Albanian name
- Famous real-life people named Gjergj
Gjergj Kastrioti Skanderbeg, a prominent historical figure (1400's) in the history of Albania and of the Albanian people. He is the national hero of the Albanians.
- Gjergj in song, story & screen