Finnigan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Finnegan:
Transferred use of the surname, which is an Anglicized form of the Gaelic Ó Fionnagáin (des-cendant of Fionnagán). Fionnagán is a diminutive form of Fionn (fair): hence, “little fair one.” Var: Finnegan, Finigan. Short: Fin, Finn. Pet: Finny.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Finnigan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Finnigan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Finnigan
- Comments and insights on the name Finnigan
- Personal experiences with the name Finnigan
- Nicknames for Finnigan
- Meanings and history of the name Finnigan
- Famous real-life people named Finnigan
- Finnigan in song, story & screen
Seamus Finnigan, character in Harry Potter