Findlay Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Finley:
Anglicized form of Fionnlagh and Fionnla, compound names composed of the Gaelic elements fionn (white, fair) and laogh (warrior, calf): hence, "fair-haired warrior." Var: Finlay.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Findlay? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Findlay
Contribute your knowledge to the name Findlay
- Comments and insights on the name Findlay
- Personal experiences with the name Findlay
- Nicknames for Findlay
- Meanings and history of the name Findlay
Scottish surname derived from the given name Fionnlagh.
- Famous real-life people named Findlay
Findlay Napier, Scottish musician.
- Findlay in song, story & screen