Evandro Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Evander:
From the Greek Evandros, which is derived from andros (manly). The name is borne in Roman mythology by the son of Hermes. The father of Roma, he founded a town called Pallenteum on the banks of the Tiber River which eventually became the city of Rome. Evander is credited with the introduction of the Greek alphabet and the pantheon of the Greek gods into Italy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Evandro? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Evandro
Contribute your knowledge to the name Evandro
- Comments and insights on the name Evandro
- Personal experiences with the name Evandro
- Nicknames for Evandro
- Meanings and history of the name Evandro
Evandro is derived from the Greek name Evandros meaning "good man."
- Famous real-life people named Evandro
- Evandro in song, story & screen