Eliaz Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elias:
A borrowing from the Greek, Elias is a cognate of the Hebrew Eliyahu, which is derived from 'ēlīyāhū (Jehovah is God). The name is a variant of Elijah, the name borne in the Bible by a prophet of Israel in the 9th century B.C.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eliaz? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eliaz
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eliaz
- Comments and insights on the name Eliaz
- Personal experiences with the name Eliaz
- Nicknames for Eliaz
- Meanings and history of the name Eliaz
Eliaz (Hebrew) means "God is powerful". Similar to Elias which means "The Lord is my God."
- Famous real-life people named Eliaz
- Eliaz in song, story & screen