Edvin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Edwin:
Borrowed from the English, Edwin is derived from the obsolete Old English Eadwine, a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, fortune, riches) and wine (friend): hence, “wealthy friend.” Var: Edwyn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Edvin? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Edvin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Edvin
- Comments and insights on the name Edvin
- Personal experiences with the name Edvin
- Nicknames for Edvin
- Meanings and history of the name Edvin
- Famous real-life people named Edvin
- Edvin in song, story & screen