Eduardo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eduardo:
A cognate of Edward, which is derived from the Old English Eadweard (wealthy or fortunate guardian), a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, wealth) and weard (guardian, protector). Edward is a royal name, having been borne by three Anglo-Saxon kings and eight kings of England. Currently, the name is borne by Prince Edward (b. 1964), the youngest son of Queen Elisabeth II and Prince Philip.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eduardo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eduardo
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain 2014
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain, 2010
- Chilean Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Chile 2010
- Portuguese Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Portugal 2012
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain 2012
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eduardo
- Comments and insights on the name Eduardo
- Personal experiences with the name Eduardo
- Nicknames for Eduardo
Ed, Eddie, Du, Dudu, Lalo, Wardo
- Meanings and history of the name Eduardo
- Famous real-life people named Eduardo
Eduardo Capetillo, telenovela actor
Eduardo Yanez, telenovela actor
Dudu (football player), Brazilian football player
Dudu Aouate, Israeli football player
Dudu Cearense, Brazilian football player
Dudu Paraíba, Brazilian football player
Dudu (king) (fl. 21st century BC), king of Akkad
Eduardo Da Silva, Croatian football player (whose nickname is Dudu)
Eduardo Frei Montalva, former Chilean president
Eduardo Frei Ruiz-Tagle, former Chilean president and current presidential candidate
Eduardo Saccone-Joly, Youtuber
- Eduardo in song, story & screen