Eduard Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Edward:
Derived from the Old English Eadweard (wealthy or fortunate guardian), a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, wealth) and weard (guardian, protector). Edward is a royal name, having been borne by three Anglo-Saxon kings and eight kings of England. Currently, the name is borne by Prince Edward (b. 1964), the youngest son of Queen Elisabeth II and Prince Philip.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eduard? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eduard
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eduard
- Comments and insights on the name Eduard
- Personal experiences with the name Eduard
- Nicknames for Eduard
- Meanings and history of the name Eduard
- Famous real-life people named Eduard
- Eduard in song, story & screen