Ean Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ian:
The Scottish form of John (God is gracious).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ean? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ean
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ean
- Comments and insights on the name Ean
- Personal experiences with the name Ean
- Nicknames for Ean
We just call him "E"
- Meanings and history of the name Ean
Ean is the Manx (Isle of Man) and Gaelic (Ireland) spelling of Ian, which is a form of John. It means "God is forgiving."
- Famous real-life people named Ean
Ean Evans, bassist for Lynyrd Skynyrd from 2001 - 2009 (deceased)
Ean Randolph, professional football player in the US and Canada.
Ean Jacob Bice (b. 2010), son of American singer and musician Bo Bice
- Ean in song, story & screen