Dusty Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dustin:
Transferred use of the surname, which is of uncertain origin. Some believe it to be an altered form of Thurston, which is derived from the Old Norse Thorstein (Thor’s stone). Pet: Dusty.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dusty? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dusty
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dusty
- Comments and insights on the name Dusty
- Personal experiences with the name Dusty
- Nicknames for Dusty
Rusty, Dust-buster, Dust-bunny, Dust
- Meanings and history of the name Dusty
As well as a nickname for Dustin (as described above), Dusty is sometimes given as a cowboy-style word name.
- Famous real-life people named Dusty
- Dusty in song, story & screen