Duane Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Duane:
Anglicized form of Dubhán (little dark one), a diminutive form of the Gaelic dubh (black, dark). Var: Dewayne, De Wayne, Dwain, Dwaine, Dwane, Dwayne, D’Wayne.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Duane? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Duane
Contribute your knowledge to the name Duane
- Comments and insights on the name Duane
- Personal experiences with the name Duane
- Nicknames for Duane
- Meanings and history of the name Duane
- Famous real-life people named Duane
Duane "The Rock" Johnson - wrestler, actor
Duane Allman, guitarist and founding member of The Allman Brothers Band
Duane Eddy, guitarist who had many hit records in the '50's and '60's
- Duane in song, story & screen