Dmytro Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dimitri:
From the Greek Dēmētrios (of Demeter), which is from Demeter, the Greek mythological goddess of agriculture and fertility. The name is composed of the elements de (the earth) and mētēr (mother).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dmytro? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dmytro
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dmytro
- Comments and insights on the name Dmytro
- Personal experiences with the name Dmytro
- Nicknames for Dmytro
- Meanings and history of the name Dmytro
- Famous real-life people named Dmytro
- Dmytro in song, story & screen