Dakotah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dakota:
Derived from the Siouan word dakóta (allies, to be thought of as friends). The name is borrowed from the name given to the tribes of northern Plains Indians, also known as Sioux and Lakota.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dakotah? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dakotah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dakotah
- Comments and insights on the name Dakotah
- Personal experiences with the name Dakotah
- Nicknames for Dakotah
- Meanings and history of the name Dakotah
- Famous real-life people named Dakotah
Dakota fanning not spelt the exact same but still
- Dakotah in song, story & screen