Carlson Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Carl:
Derived from the Old English ceorl (freeman, peasant, man). In the Middle Ages, Carl was used as a nickname for a bondman, villain, or a person of low birth and rude manners. Alternatively, Carl is used as a short form of Carlton. (karl)
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carlson? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Carlson
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carlson
- Comments and insights on the name Carlson
- Personal experiences with the name Carlson
- Nicknames for Carlson
- Meanings and history of the name Carlson
Usually a surname meaning "son of carl"
Alternative to Carlton as a formal name for "Carl"
- Famous real-life people named Carlson
Christy Carslon-Ramano; actress, voice of Kim Possible
- Carlson in song, story & screen