Calogero Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Calogero? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Calogero
Contribute your knowledge to the name Calogero
- Comments and insights on the name Calogero
- Personal experiences with the name Calogero
- Nicknames for Calogero
- Meanings and history of the name Calogero
Italian. "Calogero" is from the Late Latin name 'Calogerus,' which meant "Beautiful Elder." Greek 'καλος' (kalos) "Beautiful," and 'γερων' (geron) equals "Old Man, Elder." The feminine form is "Calogera."
- Famous real-life people named Calogero
Saint Calogero, (the Hermit)-- is the patron saint of the Sicilian Village of Villalba, Italy and surrounding rural area. His feast day is June 18.
- Calogero in song, story & screen
Calogero "C" Anello-- main character of the 1993 film "A Bronx Tale." Played by Lilo Brancato.