Caio Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Caio? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Caio
Contribute your knowledge to the name Caio
- Comments and insights on the name Caio
- Personal experiences with the name Caio
- Nicknames for Caio
Cai is very cute!
- Meanings and history of the name Caio
A Welsh name pronounced Kye-or
Caius/Gaius is praenomen, or given name, which is of Latin and Etruscan origin. This was a common Roman name, the most famous bearers being Gaius Julius Caesar, the great leader of the Roman Republic, and his adopted son Gaius Octavius (later known as Augustus), the first Roman emperor.
- Famous real-life people named Caio
Caio Blat, Brazilian actor
- Caio in song, story & screen