Caedmon Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Caedmon? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Caedmon
Contribute your knowledge to the name Caedmon
- Comments and insights on the name Caedmon
- Personal experiences with the name Caedmon
- Nicknames for Caedmon
Caed (/Cad/), Caedy (/Caddy/)
- Meanings and history of the name Caedmon
Meaning: "wise warrior"
"Song" is the common translation as Caedmon was the Father of English Verse
- Famous real-life people named Caedmon
7th century Celtic saint, considered the father of modern liturgical music. Caedmon is the first known poet in English, writer of the Anglo-Saxon "Caedmon's Hymn." The story of its composition is recorded in Bede's Ecclesiastical History of the English People.
- Caedmon in song, story & screen
The Christian music group Caedmon's Call is named after the historic Caedmon. However, they mispronounce the name.