Benicio Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Benedict:
Derived from the Latin Benedictus (blessed), which is from benedicere (to speak well of, to bless). The name was borne by St. Benedict (c. 480 - 543), an Italian monk and founder of the Benedictine Order. He was responsible form the building of the great monastery at Monte Cassino, which remains the spiritual center of the Benedictines.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Benicio? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Benicio
Contribute your knowledge to the name Benicio
- Comments and insights on the name Benicio
- Personal experiences with the name Benicio
- Nicknames for Benicio
- Meanings and history of the name Benicio
- Famous real-life people named Benicio
The Puerto Rican actor Benicio Del Toro
- Benicio in song, story & screen