Adiel Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Adiel? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Adiel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Adiel
- Comments and insights on the name Adiel
- Personal experiences with the name Adiel
- Nicknames for Adiel
- Meanings and history of the name Adiel
Hebrew name meaning "ornament of God."
Adiel is a minor figure mentioned in 1 Chronicles.
Pronounced AD-i-el or a-dee-YELL
A Hebrew name meaning "ornament of God" or "God is my ornament".
In the Old Testament, Adiel was the father of Azmaveth, who was treasurer under David and Solomon. Another bearer of this name in the Old Testament was a family head of the tribe of Simeon.
In Ma'asseh Merkabah, Adiel is an angelic guard of the seventh heavenly hall.
- Famous real-life people named Adiel
- Adiel in song, story & screen